Sunday, October 12, 2008

A decrease in quality

My web log is a source for me to excrete my mental diarrhea. Normally, I stay away from quizzes and other MySpace created "dicktrash". However, while shooting the shit with friends online, I saw this quiz and for no notable reason, I am filling it out. I realize this may pain the few viewers I do have for this web log, but consider the fact that a quiz, even a dicktrash one, allows myself to consider questions I don't normally consider. It offers new perspective, so it's not entirely a bad thing.

Anyhow, let us proceed...

Could you see yourself with someone forever?
Yes. Someone being the operative word and, at this point, I don't know who that someone is.

What is your birthstone?
I had to look this up. Apparently, my birthstone is an Emerald or Chrysoprase. An emerald sounds more extravagant so I'm sticking with that. When you see me next in person, don't be surprised by my emerald-encrusted grill.

Have you ever been to Hooters?
Once... and it was on the recommendation of a friend who raved about their buffalo hot wings, not to observe waitress tits. I swear! I didn't even like the wings.

Do you get along with your close friend's boyfriend/girlfriend?
I did when they were together. She was quiet in most interactions. I think she was amused by my witty reparte (i.e. - nerdness). I don't know if that's equivalent to someone laughing at me rather than laughing with me, but fuck it, I am who I am.

Do you know anyone who is having a baby?
Yes, my cousin. She's having twins. I'm sure they will be a handful.

Have you ever been called heartless?
Yes. I tend to get cold and rational sometimes when it comes to the greater good, at least in my mind. The problem is that I'm not sure if I stay as rational as I truly think I am.

When is the last time you did something you said you wouldn't do?
I usually don't make promises or claims to never do things. Life changes and so do I. My word is my bond yo.

Have you ever missed someone,and re-connected with them?
Yes, but only friends, never ex-girlfriends. Bros before hos dude. Apologies to all my friends who happen to be girls, but I had to say it.

Looking back, did you ever think you'd be where you're at in life now?
Yes and no. This is way too complex of a question to answer in full in a single quiz. I am superhuman in many regards and regressively childlike in others. I guess I'm like most of everyone else and that still strangely gives me pause.

Do you curse a lot?
Never at work. Rarely at acquaintances. Probably often around true friends, but I don't pay attention to it. I don't analyze my words constantly around true friends because I am in a state of true comfort.

Do you think you have made a difference in anyone's life?
Yes, the question is whether that difference was overwhelmingly positive or negative from person to person.

What was the last thing you cried about?
It was a long time ago (long time as in years). I hold emotions in as a defense mechanism. Yes, I realize it's not healthy. The more interesting question is why I hold emotions in rather than the single emotion itself. To answer the question, the tears came after an emotional breakup.

What are the last spoken words you heard?
"I just want to say that I love you." by a special needs friend on online voice communication. He amuses me.

Who is the last person you talked on the phone with?
My mom.

Did you have plans today?
I woke up, went out for a good breakfast with my mom and sister. Drove 200 miles back home. Ran for 30 minutes, feeling both amazed and like shit at the same time. Ate food. Shot the shit with friends online. I guess the only plans part of that would be driving home.

How many months are there until your birthday?
7 months.

Name something you are doing tomorrow?
Working.

Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk?
I prefer chocolate milk although I haven't had chocolate since 2001. Why have I not had chocolate since 2001? This is a longer story.

When was the last time you had Starbucks?
Earlier this year, I had a chai tea. I took some new hires for coffee in order to welcome them into the company.

Do you sleep on your stomach?
Never. I have partial to little feeling in my stomach so touching it or sleeping on it would be extremely uncomfortable.

What are you listening to?
The Usual Suspects

Are you ticklish?
No. I tend to get chills or irritated when tickled.

Are you missing someone?
Yes

Do you crack your knuckles?
Yes, but not often.

Are you named after anyone?
My mom named me after a person in the Old Testament.

Anything you want to tell someone?
No.

What's on your bed?
Some papers, several blankets, 1 thin pillow, and some laundry I still have yet to fold and put away.

Are you someone's best friend?
Yes. I have many acquaintances and friends throughout my life but only two people in the world I consider best friends (I am excluding family members from this list). A true friend, to me, is someone I feel completely at ease with which is not an easy thing for me.

What do you think of when you think of Australia?
Dingos, shrimp on the bar-b, Wallabees, Kangaroos, Koala Bears. In general, my initial thoughts lump me in with other American who share dumb, stereotypical thoughts.

Who was the last person to give you a hug?
My mom.

Where were you last night at midnight?
Sleeping on a fairly uncomfortable futon.

Do you like anyone right now?
This question gives me cancer.

Did you speak to your mother today?
Yes.

How was last night?
I attended a wedding. I made a strong attempt at small talk and found that many people are even less capable of smalltalk than myself. I took those observations as a small victory for myself.

Who was the last person you gave your number to?
I honestly can't remember.

When was the last time you cleaned your room?
Several weeks ago. I need to give it another go.

How did you wake up this morning?:
In discomfort on a small futon.

What's the last bone you broke?
I've never broken a bone. I drank milk growing up providing me with adamantium-strengthened bones.

How many letters are in your last name?
7

What are you excited about?
Ending this quiz. I am realizing, at this point, it is entirely too fucking long.

Do you drink bottled water?
All the time, but I recently ordered a water filter so I can help SAVE THE WORLD.

When was the last time you talked to one of your siblings?
This morning.

Have you lost friends in the past year?
No.

Do you think relationships are ever really worth it?
Each relationship helps me understand what I like and don't like, what I can tolerate and not tolerate. It is a learning process, so they are always worth it.

Do you prefer to take showers at night or in the morning?
Once in the morning to wake up. Once in the early evening after working out.

Could you go the rest of your life without smoking a cigarette?
I have one cigarette in my entire life which was provided to me by my father when I was 7-8 years old. How's that for a blue-collar military life lesson. Suck it up you hippies.

Who was the last person you were under the covers with?
I am growing increasingly belligerent.

Were you happy when you woke up today?
I was a bundle of joyous sunshine.

If you're being extremely quiet what's it mean?
It means I am uncomfortable, most likely observing other people, with my mind moving at uncontrollable speed.

Whats your relationship status?
Single and strangely content with that fact.

Last time you were confused?
Right now when I tried to remember when the last time I was confused. This is a daily event.

Do you hate when people smoke around you?
No. If I stand around people who are smoking, even if I dislike it, then it would be my choice to do so.
Being bitter about that fact is just dumb. I would only dislike it if I wanted to get away from smokers and was unable to do so.

How old do you want to be when you have kids?
This question is an abomination.

Would you tattoo someone's name on your body?
Never.

Last movie you watched?
I honestly can't remember.

Have you ever thought about getting your lip pierced?
No.

How many pairs of pants do you own?:
No idea.

What color do you wear most?:
Black like my heart. In reality, I like the color blue and red because they bring out the precious beauty of my eyes.

What's for dinner tonight?:
I cooked stir-fry and it was delicious and healthy.

Are you happy with your life right now?
No, but I am satisfied with the direction my life is headed, which will hopefully offer me some happiness.

Last thing you bought over 50 dollars?:
An order of tons of randomness from an online retailer.

Last thing you bought under 50 dollars?:
Gas. Really, it was under 50 dollars.

Have you kissed your boyfriend/girlfriend lately?:
CANCER.
CANCER. CANCER.

What are you going to do now?:
Shoot the shit with friends and reflect on my uncanny ability to grind out the completion of this quiz.

No comments: