Thursday, April 2, 2009

Tea

I was sorely disappointed today when I went to my workplace break room and found there were no packets of green tea left. They had all disappeared.

I, traditionally, am a water drinker. I drink lots of it. I annoy waiters and waitresses with the amount of water I order during your everyday meal. Most people are 75-80% water weight whereas I am some sort of human-aquabeast hybrid. I don't drink soda any more and never was a coffee drinker.

Recently, I've been experiencing coldness in my fingers and nose, especially near lunch time and following lunch time. I can't really explain it. It may be a slowing of my metabolism, low blood circulation, or Reynaud's Syndrome. Here's to self-diagnosing!

I've found a cure to this by drinking a cup of tea - hot. No sugar, no milk, no cream, just the tea please. I'm a bit worried about the additional caffeine, but there are many teas which are caffeine free. Additionally, tea contains considerably less caffeine than coffee on average. It makes me not cold anymore so I think I have to stick with it.

So far I have tried green, earl grey, and apple cinnamon. I prefer the green tea for its simplicity.

No comments: