Sunday, June 21, 2009

Weekend

There's a lot that I can say about this weekend, but I need some time to gain some perspective to discuss it more concretely. Some things I learned about myself:

1. Despite my ongoing internal dialogue, my initial estimation is usually the correct one. In other words, my instincts are usually correct.
2. If someone is funny and an asshole, then they are exactly that. They are funny, but they are also an asshole. Finding funny people isn't as easy as one may think. Also, trust your instincts and stay away from the dicks. People who routinely find trouble are to be avoided.
3. I can drink a lot of beer.
4. I can appreciate good musical technique even if the output is not as interesting to me.
5. I am not into illegal drug use on any level, even recreationally.
6. I received an e-mail from a close friend and then had a good long discussion with him. It helped me understand how to define what a close friend really is and is not.
7. I am not as socially practiced as many other people, but this does not correlate to me being an idiot.
8. I am comfortable with who I am, what I have accomplished, and where I am going.
9. I need a new mobile phone, but I don't want massive features on it, nor do I have any need or desire to be eternally connected.

I feel motivated for the upcoming week of work, which is a feeling I needed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Going with your gut is key.